relationships to Creative Commons

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 16:01:10 +0100
To: public-ole-comment@w3.org
I think the acceptance of OPOE is closely related to its relationship to Creative Commons. In view of the widespread usage of CC, I think it is essential to show that OPOE is a superset of CC (as the intro suggests) and this is documented.

The ODRL CG has addressed this, and there is a draft on their site[1] describing how to express the various CC licenses in ODRL. I think the WG must take this work on, too, albeit not as a recommendation but as a WG Note.

What this means is:

- list [1] as an input to the WG in section 3.1
- the deliverables should include, as a WG Note, a document with title of something like "Expressing Creative Commons Licenses in OPOE". That means adding this to sections 3, and to the milestones

Whether some additional blur in the scope or the intro is necessary I am not sure; it certainly does not harm, making a clear reference to the adoption of CC out there and how it relates to OPOE

Ivan

[1] http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/work/cc/

----
Ivan Herman, W3C