Re: Leveraging ODRL to represent data contracts

Hi,

I had a long draft in progress, but I will just put 3 key points (unless someone is interested and we should have a call).

I read ODCS last night and it appears their meaning of ‘contract’ is perhaps close to the definition of ‘protocol’, for negotiation between end-points (SLA’s would be for ‘groups of end-points’)
In my experience, service-level (not end-point) SLA semantics are different from Rights semantics (SLA’s are expressed in concepts such as ‘should’ / ‘must’, percentages, ranges and penalties/credits).
If I use the definitions from Telecommunications (it has a very mature framework called eTOM): BSS (business dimension) is where ODRL (and Yassir’s contracts) operate; whilst OSS (operational dimension) is where SLA operate.

You can see there have been efforts to propose ontologies on SLA in the past. (Fig 1 gives a good overview of the main concepts).

PS. The GaiaX’s ServiceOffering entities appear to be a subset, and going in the direction to be a remake of DCAT (in particular and at this stage - Catalog and Data Service).

Regards,

Joshua Cornejo

marketdata

embed open standards