Re: ODRL Teleconference (February 2022)

Meeting Notes:

1) ODRL Temporal Profile: https://w3c.github.io/odrl/profile-temporal/
- Ben will update the model to use the "PAV-model" for versioning.

2) ODRL Formal Semantics: https://w3c.github.io/odrl/formal-semantics/
- New solution (#3) is the preferred option:
  https://github.com/w3c/odrl/blob/master/formal-semantics/Compliance%20checking%20ODRL%20policies.md
- Send any feedback on this proposal
- SHACL used as a validator of the ODRL rules:
  https://github.com/simonstey/ODRL-SHACL-Shapes/wiki
- SHACL provides a constraint language - this can then free ODRL from this (in future version)
- Question: if this approach can also be used to also "evaluate" rules
- Still require defining (formal) Ontology for ODRL (classes of actions)

3) ODRL Big Data Profile:  https://w3c.github.io/odrl/profile-bigdata/
- no update

4) Other business
- Date of meetings - first Monday of Month (except August) Noon (Reykjavik timezone)
- "Hosting of mapped licenses" - move all licneses to ODRL Github (Victor)
- PBS (https://www.pbs.org) have developed an ODRL Profile and looking for feedback (will send around)

Attendees:
- Ben WS
- Beatriz E
- Kathleen C
- Simon S
- Nicoletta F
- Renato I
- Soheil R
- Victor RD
- Gabriel FT

** The next meeting will be Monday 7 March 2022 **