Re: Constraint V Refinement

Hi

I agree some more clarification or guidance would be useful in regard to
Constraints and Refinements, the distinction was one of the first
discussion points in our project.
However, which you use I suspect is domain/context dependent.

With the profile we are building at ITV, having spatial and  temporal
constraints on the Rule, i.e. as Constraints, makes a lot of sense as they
are the key indexes of the data, alongside the Action, we can narrow down
our search using just them before we get into the more complex Refinements
about the Action; which in our area can get quite complex.  We also opted
for Language being a Constraint on the Rule, which was not so clear cut but
we opted for it again as a key factor on finding appropriate permissions in
our database.

I note you also mention using 'Stream' as the Action, we have opted to have
a higher level Action i.e. Publish, and the media properties i.e. how you
publish, transmission, scheduling conditions, DRM, platforms, publishers
and so on, being restrictions as there is a long tail of these which will
continue to grow, whereas Publish is relatively stable.  This allows us a
clear split between Distribution/Selling of content (odrl:grantUse) and
Broadcast/Publish concepts.

Cheers,
James