Re: Profiles Best Practice - how to deal with sub-classes of Rule - open until 5 October

For the issue Michael has highlighted in Section 4.9:

1) I think the original intent of the "Additional Rule class” (last row of Table in section 3.3 of https://www.w3.org/TR/odrl-model/#profile-mechanism) is aligned to Option 2 in the Profile BP document.
- A “subclass of Rule” literally only meant sub-classing directly the Rule class (not any of the Golden Three classes)
- Hence the disjoint requirement holds.

2) I don’t think we ever considered sub-classing the Golden Three classes (at the time)…but...
- I think if a community wanted to sub-class one of the Golden Three, then it would not create any issues.
- For example, I create “MyPermission” sub-class of Permission.
- This “MyPermission” class still “is-a” Permission class (and I can use the permission property)
- Hence my Policy will have one of the Golden Three classes (at least)
- I don’t believe you can disjoint classes in the same hierarchy

Cheers - Renato