Re: Security profile for ODRL

Hi Victor,

  Comments inline:

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 08:22:57AM +0200, Víctor Rodríguez Doncel wrote:
<snip>
> 1. Perhaps serialize as RDF/XML and use XML Digital Signature
> 2. Perhaps serialize as RDF/XML and use XML Encryption

  Yes, and thanks for reminding me that JSON is not the only format
  supported by ODRL. That does bring up some interesting issues.
  Example, how would one do that in Turtle format?

  Is there a canonical representation for ODRL? That might be useful for
  digital signature calculations.

> Hence, I don't really see the need to have intrinsic elements to do this.
> But again, this is my personal, and not very well educated opinion.

  I myself don't have a very well defined use-case at the moment for
  encrypted intrinsic elements, but suspect DRM might require the same.

regards
<snip>
> El 23/07/2020 a las 0:10, Amit Kapoor escribió:
<snip>
> >    I was wondering what the recommended options are for security around
> >    an ODRL document(?). There are at least two use cases that I can think
> >    of:
> >
> >    1. Integrity of the entire document (JWT or Verifiable Credentials?)
> >    2. Embedding of private information within a ODRL document (JWT?)
> >
> >    ODRL 1.1 had some ideas for this, but the details for 2.2, I believe,
> >    still need to be finalized. Is there enough interest here to get this
> >    defined as part of the standard or as an extension?
<snip>