Re: Profile Best Practice document with alternative text about Policy and subclasses of Rule

Thanks for the in-depth analysis Michael….

I think the point raised by David also was that the ODRL Model is based on semantic web technologies, which implies the ‘open-world assumption’.
Hence, we cannot stop additional assertions being created.

That is, when we wrote:
   "A Policy MUST have at least one permission, prohibition, or obligation property values of type Rule”
We said nothing about what else a Policy could have.

So an ODRL Profile can create a new subclass of Rule, say “Safety" and related property “safety”, then a valid Policy would be one that has at least one of the "golden three” properties and the new “safety” property.

So, I think we are in a better place than we thought last month.
I think the current Spec is ok, and all we need to do in the Profile Best Practices is show a good use case for a new type of Rule.

Cheers - Renato