Re: forEachMember of a directory in the asset declaration (ODRL 1.1)

> On 24 Mar 2015, at 01:36, Agnese Farinelli <agnese.farinelli@studenti.unimi.it> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I would ask a question about asset's identification in ODRL version 1.1, in special case when the resource isn't a single file or entity, but an entire group of entities like a file system's directory full of files, more or less heterogeneous (for example, images or tracks).
> Could I apply a specific permission on this group of resources if I indicate the asset via the directory's URI and I use the forEachMember constraint to specify that the permission must be apply on every directory's element?

I don't think you need to. The asset "model" was that the UID referred to the asset, and the permission applied to that asset.
So if the UID of the asset actually referred to a collection of 10 PDF documents, and you were allowed the print permission, then you could print all 10 files.

The forEachMember mechanism was mainly designed for Constraints.

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity  http://semanticidentity.com  +61 4 1313 2206
Chair, W3C ODRL Community Group http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/