Re: Global permission declaration in ODRL 1.1

> On 24 Mar 2015, at 01:54, Agnese Farinelli <agnese.farinelli@studenti.unimi.it> wrote:
>
> my question is about the possibility (in an ODRL 1.1 licence) to declare a permission globally in an licence and the possibility to refer to this permission inside an offer or agreement, if necessary.
> This possibility is really concrete? Is it reasonable to think about this possibility or ODRL doesn't allow this solution?

My understanding from Section 4.3 of the ODRL V1.1 spec is that it did allow you to use id/idref on XML fragments to build the expression. So you could define a <permission> element outside the offer/agreement and refer to it inside.
The example in section 4.4.3 does this for an asset and a party.

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity  http://semanticidentity.com  +61 4 1313 2206
Chair, W3C ODRL Community Group http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/