Re: ODRL Version 2.1 Final Draft Specifications – Last Call for Comments (due 16 FEB) [via ODRL Community Group]

Hi Steven,

JSON-LD is a serialisation of RDF, and so is expressed according to the ODRL 2.1 Ontology, rather than the JSON encoding.

There is no reason at all why you can’t generate ODRL JSON-LD statements (all of the information is in the ontology to do it), but there aren’t presently any examples of it, and the schema itself isn’t expressed as JSON-LD. This is mainly because a lot of RDF tooling doesn’t yet support JSON-LD.

Of course, there isn’t really anything (yet) which understands ODRL expressed as JSON-LD - but you might have a specific application in mind for which that isn’t much of a problem.

I’m open to the idea of trying to come up with a workflow which adds JSON-LD generation to the existing tooling (which generates RDF/XML and N-Triples serialisations of the ontology and examples from the source Turtle), although the biggest constraint is, as ever, time.

M.

--
Mo McRoberts - Chief Technical Architect - Archives & Digital Public Space,
Zone 2.12, BBC Scotland, 40 Pacific Quay, Glasgow G51 1DA,