RE: Single URI Namespace (forwarded)

From: "Michael Steidl \(IPTC\)" <mdirector@iptc.org>
Subject: RE: Single URI Namespace
Date: 13 November 2013 18:17:35 AEST

Going back to the initial invitation to comment on the single ODRL namespace:

My summary is:
-          The current IPTC approach to controlled vocabularies is: each one has its specific namespace = CV URL
-          This can approach can be used for combining IPTC vocabularies with the single ODRL namespace.
-          The use of SKOS to organise ODRL schemas (let’s use this SKOS term and not “groups”) inside the ODRL namespace is ok, it only requires that people looking at the ontology are familiar with SKOS (too).
-          We have advocated our approach “each CV has its unique namespace/URL” as this simplifies the retrieval of the concepts of a CV/scheme by applying a single URL but this more an ease-of-use issue and not a design issue. And I have still hope that someday applying the http://www.w3.org/ns/odrl/2/actions URL could deliver the actions vocabulary only and not all the other ODRL specs too.

Regards,

Michael