Re: Paper analysing ODRL 2.0

Thanks Katharina,

I am solely concerned with the OWL serialization of the official
specification of ODRL2.0
However, I have found your document highly enriching, and cannot help
quickly commenting it.

Some critiques are insurmountable, such as a possible bad choice of some
term names (Section 4.2, par1).
However, can any of the improvements be reflected in the OWL (or
possibly JSON) serialization without contradicting the core model?
For example, the paper refers some ambiguous behaviours (ex. last
paragraph of Section 4.2). Can't they be documented?
I firmly believe that a set of examples can force a /de facto /common
understanding of what might have been unprecisely defined.

Complementary documentation can also solve other problems. For example
the semantic of Actions in 4.6 would be a matter for a different
document/profile/addendum which in no way would contradict the core
specification.  Or in another example (last par. in Section 4.1):
"/They noted that the Core Model draft of 2005 [IG05] has a lack of
expressiveness. Policies cannot be considered as equivalent to legal
contracts//
//as they lack some information like date and location of the agreement
and are thus not legally binding/"
Can't a couple of DublinCore properties be added for this? (or digital
signature, or whichever addendum is needed)
Again, if this is going to appear recurrently as a pattern, its use can
be recommended and this would not suppose a change in the specification
but an addition in the documentation.

Regards,
Víctor

--
Víctor Rodríguez-Doncel
D3205 - Ontology Engineering Group (OEG)

Campus de Montegancedo s/n
Boadilla del Monte-28660 Madrid, Spain
Tel. (+34) 91336 3672
Skype: vroddon3