Re: News

On Jun 30, 2013 8:50 AM, "Marcos Caceres" <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, 29 June 2013 at 19:49, Brian Kardell wrote:
>
> > It is kind of sad that we have been connected with so much in the news,
yet we don't even use the group news feature/feed.
> > I am not sure how other groups do this, but I propose we select an
editor to link up stories. What do you say? Any volunteers?

> In the RICG, we have about ~4 people who run the twitter feed… we should
get a twitter feed. It works quite well and it's been quite successful in
helping with discussions, surveys, and generally spreading the word, etc…
but yes, it requires active monitoring and participation. I can help with
this.

> Also, we need to be proactive, as a group (i.e., all people that signed
up to this list), in keeping each other informed of new posts, etc.
Centralised blogging can kinda suck, so I would prefer we don't do so much
of that. So, we just need people to let us know what's been published thus
far.

https://github.com/ResponsiveImagesCG/picture-element/wiki/Relevant-resources

> (Arg! so need a better URL for that!)
>
> As I said in the first few days of joining the group, it would be nice to
have a logo or some kind of recognisable banner for the group. This has
also worked really well for the RICG, particularly in media coverage. The
RICG-look-and-feel has also been used by various members at conferences,
etc. We've even printed t-shirts :) It helps having symbols and tangible
objects that make folks identify with a community.

> Lastly, the RICG Website has also played a pretty critical role (
http://responsiveimages.org). Thankfully, we already have
http://prollyfill.org and http://extensiblewebmanifesto.org/ - but we
should work towards making into a useful resource (i.e., give people a
utilitarian reason to go there).

> --
> Marcos Caceres

Re: utilitarian reason, thats the topic of my other post.

Everything else, that is pretty much what i mean - we need a feed and one
or more curators.  I have seen at least a dozen related things, it would be
good to collect them and provide a feed/compendium of resources.  You
should encounter some of that when you find the group.

When I joined the CSS WG i got a nice "welcome, here's some stuff..." email
from one of the chairs - it would be great to do the same and have some
things to point to.