Re: Proposed W3C Charter: Timed Text Working Group (until 2012-05-04)

Dear all,

On 06/04/2012 20:11, Ian Jacobs wrote:
> This proposal
> includes a draft charter for the Timed Text Working Group:
>    http://www.w3.org/2012/02/timed-text-wg-charter

I would like to hear thoughts from the AC on what the relationship
should be between this proposed group and the work currently happening
around webVTT, notably in the Text Tracks Community Group:
http://www.w3.org/community/texttracks/

The community group has been significantly active, giving input to the
webvtt draft specification: http://dev.w3.org/html5/webvtt/

If we are to charter a new TT WG, can we make sure it at least
acknowledges the existence of the work on webVTT, and ideally is tasked
to manage the potential overlaps/conflicts in scope of the two specs?

Thanks,
Olivier