Re: Blank node quantification

On 16/06/2021 14:24, Nathan Rixham wrote:
> This is probably a gross simplification, but do I take this to mean
> that if a blank node is present in a formula, then implication is
> taken to be existential with forSome, else if no blank node present
> then implication is universal with forAll?

Nitpicking: implications themselves are not quantified, variables are.

Actually, my proposal does not change the way blank node behave in rules
(well, in simple cases, at least). Currently, blank nodes are currently
scoped to the formula in which they occur, whether it is a rule or not.
In my proposal, blank nodes will be scoped to the formula in which they
occur ONLY if this formula is the body or head of a rule.