Re: Next steps on Widgets testing?

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:05:23 +0100, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
wrote:

> Hi Art, Charles,
>
> As was discussed during the WebApps WG F2F in Cannes, the Mobile Web
> Test Suites Working Group (and in particular, Kai Hendry) has started to
> work on developing test cases for the Widgets Packaging and
> Configuration specification:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008OctDec/0235.html
>
> There are already quite a number of test cases available there (~50),
> that target well-defined part of the specifications.
>
> Could you let our group know whether you think this is going in the
> right direction, and what the next steps should be on our side?

Luckily, the co-chair of the group is at Opera, so can watch both the test
development and can look inside Opera for anything we should be
contributing :)

> Also, would it be helpful if the tests were moved to the public CVS
> server? should they sit in 2006/waf/widgets/tests/ if so?

I think it's better to have tests in CVS than to have them listed in an
attachment in a mail archive. I am not fussed about where they go, but
your suggestion seems as good as any. I presume that the groups will at
some point go through the tests and decide whether they are happy with
them all...

cheers

Chaals