Re: Charter re-wording thoughts

Le mardi 25 novembre 2008 à 09:09 +0000, Kai Hendry a écrit :
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 8:34 AM, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org> wrote:
> > I have softened a bit the language - it now says for instance "tests
> > adapted to browsers on mobile devices" rather than "targeted at".
>
> The word 'adaption' sends shivers up my spine too.

Would "suited" be any better? I'm not sure if this is the notion of
content adaptation that makes you shiver, or the notion of having
several test suites, or something else...

> > I don't know when you did your review, but I added a few days ago as a
> > deliverable (and based on our discussions last week): "a Working Group
> > Note describing the current state of the mobile web user agents based on
> > test results" (from the WCTMB). Or are you thinking something broader
> > than WCTMB?
>
> Well, I kind of wanted it watered down into a bite size blog format as
> mentioned below.

I think that's fine for the on-going basis, but the goal of the Working
Group Note (as I recall we discussed) is to be able to get a press
release to shed light on the WCTMB...

> > Note that it would be fairly easy to set up a blog for our working
> > group, if people are interested in using it - my experience with groups
> > blogs is that they tend to remain very quiet, but if you and other feels
> > like using it, I can see it being useful.
>
> Well I favour the idea of the blog. Hopefully it's easy to edit and it
> could perhaps engage the wider community with comments?

I guess the "easy-to-edit" part is probably subjective (we're currently
using b2evolution as a blogging platform, although we're planning to
migrate to MT in the months to come), but yes, it supports comments from
the community.

Maybe we can discuss the idea of the blog at our upcoming call?

Dom