Re: Getting help on DOM Test Suite?

Hi Curt,

Le mardi 06 mars 2007 à 12:30 -0600, Curt Arnold a écrit :
> You may be more interested in the self-hosted production which takes
> the tests and converts them to a corresponding set of HTML, XHTML or
> SVG documents.  Each document runs a test script on load and then
> modifies its document model to report either success or failure.  The
> WebKit project (open-source Safari) uses the self hosted productions
> in its unit tests.
>
> To build test self-hosted tests:
>
> ant dom1-core-gen-selfhtml

Thanks, that's extremely useful indeed! I'm looking into the self-hosted
files right now, and after some simple testing, I think I'll proceed and
put them somewhere on the W3C server.

> The self-hosted productions were never endorsed
> by the DOM WG and the results were never fully compared to those run
> using JSUnit.

Could you comment a bit more on this? Is there any reason to think the
self-hosted version may be less reliable than the JSUnit-based one, or
is it simply that nobody had the time to make a proper comparison
between these two test harness?

Thanks again,

Dom