RE: business models

Dear Katrin,

Thanks for sharing this. You mentioned that to scale access and
affordability are key. The 4As of Prahalad include Acceptability and
Awareness as other dimensions (they would fall under "utility and user
needs" that you mentioned). I think this is also key to our field. What
are the strategies to make this happen (e.g., co-creation with the
end-users, partnership)? Furthermore, to expand on the section Ecosystem
of partners or value chain and new business models is what we should be
after as well.

For instance, the report that you site "Frandano, A. K. M. K. P. (2009,
March). Emerging markets, emerging models. Monitor Group." is also a
good starting point. They present 7 business models that we could try to
apply to the field of M4D/ICT4D but overall the report is not dedicated
to ICT and focus mostly on India so we could definitely expand it.

Best,

Nicolas