Re: new updated roadmap available

Hi Robert,

thanks for your references, they are great, and contains lots of info. I
added links to them from the tools section
(http://www.w3.org/2008/MW4D/wiki/Tools ). also added a link to your
blog from the organization section
(http://www.w3.org/2008/MW4D/wiki/Organization )

good starting point for discussions about which technologies should
appear in the roadmap and under which sections.
Among the technologies you mentionned the following are not in the
current document

1- bluetooth
for me bluetooth is a communication mechanism/network layer. it is a way
to download and install applications and contents, but it is not a
technologie to author and deliver content and apps. or am i missing
something ? bluetooth is potentially a way to lower costs of delivery,
and there are many experience to create mobile kiosk using bluetooth.
but this is imho a bit out of the scope of this document focusing more
at the application layers. what does other think ?

2- RSS
RSS as a way to deliver information is indeed a great technology. i
personnaly feel it should appear in the document in the misc section.

3- APIs for major web sites or services e.g. Twitter
if we decide to add this bit, it should surely go in the native
application sections, but as such it is just an api in specific
languages (java, ...)

4- Sim Card, Java Card, Smart Cards
i've to say that i don't know anything about this, can someone explain
me a bit better what it is, particularly what is the major different
with a classical j2me apps ?

5- Instant messaging - Mxit, Mig33, Jabber
i've some problems with this part, like for the API in point 3. this is
all proprietary stuff, linked to a specific IM or SN. i don't see that
as a generic way to create content and apps. but it might be worth
mentionning it in the misc section ?

I'm adding this discussion to the next call.

Stephane