RE: date about web or jave -enabled vs non web or non java-enabled phones ?

Hi,

Antero Kivi from Helsinki University of Technology has made a great
study concentrating
on device and traffic analysis on Finnish mobile networks. It would be
very interesting,
if this same study would be implemented in one (or more) of the
countries this working
group is interested in.

The study has been made on the very core level:
- Operator Reporting System –Based Measurements
- TCP/IP Traffic Measurements

Results in PPT-PDF:
<http://www.netlab.tkk.fi/~jakivi/publications/Kivi_Mobile_Data_Service_Usage_2005_2007.pdf>

Web site for new research program:
http://www.netlab.tkk.fi/tutkimus/momi/researchtasks.html

Opera Mini usage statistics are also interesting (check for different
months for
different countries/continents),
http://www.opera.com/mobile_report/

Regards,
Ville Karinen
(not a member, but a public mail archive reader)