RE: Problem today in Finland -- Is Mobile Banking Really Reducing Poverty?

Dear all,

Just let me introduce myself quickly. My name is Nicolas Chevrollier and
with 2 colleagues I am running an ICT4D programme at TNO (Dutch
Organization for Applied Scientific Research,
http://www.tno.nl/index.cfm) with projects mainly in Africa and India.

The story that you described here (especially the part that people get
in financial distress) is equally true in Africa. More and more people
get in personal bankruptcy for buying too much airtime. No hard figure
to back this up though but it is definitely a rising phenomenon in
Africa.

Best,
Nicolas

Dr Nicolas Chevrollier
TNO Information and Communication Technology
Room BA 801
Brassersplein 2, 2612 CT Delft,
Tel:        +31 15 285 73 54
mob:        +31 62 247 24 96