Re: [Fwd: Build a Mobile Friendly Site using your Mobile]

I feel this app is misleadingly labeled "site creator". it's more like
content creation. It's not much of a site creation tool than wordpress is.
I'm not saying it's not useful. Especially in terms of user experience. But
I feel (still in terms of UX) http://posterous.com is better. With posterous
you can create content (a "site") by sending an email. On my old nokia 6610,
i can do just this by sending an MMS.

more generally, I don't think new tools and processes for site creation are
still relevant as of 2008. site creation involves a text editor and a mean
to upload files to a remote server. The UX problem, here, lies in the
physical constraints of the device : it's not convenient to write code on a
small device, while it's not convenient to carry a big device in your
pocket. there is no workaround.

In the other hand CMSs (including blog platforms, wikis and the like) are
now the preferred way for content creation. and they are readily available
with APIs and full source code sometimes. even when mobile content creation
does not work properly ad-hoc, it should be easy to bridge for the mobile.

I have some doubts on the usefulness of a new platform exclusively designed
for mobile content creation.

--
Slim Amamou
http://alixsys.com