Re: [Fwd: Build a Mobile Friendly Site using your Mobile]

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 10:34 PM,  <Lauri.K.Hirvonen@nokia.com> wrote:
> But I feel strongly, this is what developing country users needs. To
> create and update
> mobile WEB-site using only their mobile phone.

How about using voice input? A user calls a "community centre" and the
page gets updated with the info.

> Hosting needs PC or other server. (Unless you use the Nokia application,
> which
> allows to use your Nokia mobile phone as WEB-server. I wait to get the
> real Akmin tool to test, if this is possible.)

Hosting a Web application on a narrow and noisy network like mobile
devices are usually connected to, does not sound like a good user
experience. Unless I've misunderstood you.

A very light local Web server enabling personal offline apps, like
Gears or rather what HTML5 proposes is a better idea.