masking or not email

I'm separating the discussion about the framework and the email masking
question.
About this topic of email hiding or not. I understand why people are
asking for it, mostly for spam.
Being at W3C since early 1995, I also understand why we are having this
policy at W3C, since day 1. Public archives are indexed, and people can
have access to it, and should be able to contact the relevant people
without being member of the mailing-list. It should be possible also to
contact people who left the list and know what were their email address.
It might be possible to hide email address from spam robots (like foo
[at] bar.org) but they are other issues here, e.g. accessibility
(related to semantics as Slim mentionned). Some fora are going in
another way, but here this is our policy, and be sure this has been
largely debated. This is not the right place to have this discussion,
and i propose we close it here.

Stephane

--
Stephane Boyera		stephane@w3.org