Re: Links about music formats, standards and software

Hi,

"Other textual markup formats for music are:

     ABC notation
     Plaine & Easie Code
     Guido Music Notation (GMN)
     LPD (Lenguaje de Descripcion de Partituras)
     Lilypond
     ChordPro
     OpenSong format
     **kern (humdrum)
     Essen Associative Code (EsAC)

Non textual/markup music formats are:

     MusicXML
     MNX
     Music Encoding Initiative (MEI)
     Midi"

Surely MusicXML, MNX and MEI belong in the first "Other textual markup
formats" section, as they are all XML so are textual markup languages.
Only Midi belongs in the second "Non textual/markup" section as it is a
binary format.    Or have I misunderstood the distinction being made here?

Regards

--
Paul Overell