Re: Converting to SMuFL

Hi Dennis,

There is a script that generates the json info from FontForge source files. So one relatively easy way would be to import the font file in FontForge (you can import an actual TTF for instance), save a FontForge file, and run the script on that.

The scripts reside in the scripts subdirectory in the SMuFL GitHub project:
https://github.com/w3c/smufl/tree/gh-pages/scripts

Of course, some metadata has to be constructed ”by hand” but this script will extract all the basic glyph metrics which is the bulk of the json data.

Erik