Re: MusicXML - how to specify that barline in multi-staff part belongs only to one staff?

HI Dylan,

I apologize for the delay in replying to the issue you raised in GitHub. I’ve been busy getting the MusicXML 4.0 documentation finished in time for our planned June 1 release.

As I have mentioned in the GitHub issue <https://github.com/w3c/musicxml/issues/414>, James is correct that you cannot represent this directly in MusicXML 4.0. I have listed some possible workarounds in GitHub. It’s too late to add this to MusicXML 4.0, but hopefully we can address this in a future MusicXML release.

Best regards,

Michael Good
VP of MusicXML Technologies
MakeMusic, Inc.