Re: Proposal for Encoding Common Musical Notation in Unicode

Dave,

Thank you for your feedback. I mentioned ABC in passing as one of the
textual notations of music. I thank you for the links, I had never
considered how rich this notation is.

It looks to me as having globally the same pros, and cons (depending on the
use case), of other standards, aiming to code music and not the graphical
representation of CMN. There is a strong position that makes it slightly
apart from other standards, namely "Abc is above all a language for
describing music and so there should be clear separation between content
and any formatting information" (in the route-map
<http://abcnotation.com/wiki/abc:standard:route-map>). I agree with you,
the programmers probably have some very useful experience to build upon.

Regards,
Bertrand