Re: Musikmesse Meeting on 12 April 2018 [via Music Notation Community Group]

Hi Bob,

@Bob: Thanks for writing. I also think this forum is too important to
let it fade away.

@Daniel: Thanks for the prompt reply to Bob. Good news on SMuFL! :-) But
I think MNX has turned out to be both unnecessary and too complicated,
so can't see myself continuing to discuss it in 2019.

My own feeling is that the CG should continue to be the place where
MusicXML revisions (if any) are discussed, but that it should move on
from MNX to a more web-centred discussion. That means looking to see how
standards for music notation can be built on top of existing web
standards (SVG, Web MIDI, Web Audio etc.). For example, we could begin
by defining a set of class names for SVG elements, so that SVG scores
can be used interoperatively...

All the best,
James

email signature