[w3c/smufl] traditional Japanese music notation

Hi Daniel, Razvan, all,

Daniel: Below is a complete SMuFL thread from
public-music-notation@w3.org. Maybe you missed Razvan's first posting?
I've now given the thread a [w3c/smufl] tag... (Everyone: Please read
his first post carefully again, if you haven't already!)

I think its important to have a standard layout for Asian fonts. This
/*W3C*/ Community Group, can't just ignore them.
My own feeling is that they should be included parallel to the Medieval
and Renaissance glyphs in §4.79- §4.91 of
http://w3c.github.io/smufl/gitbook/index.html [1]

Most Asian symbols can, I think, simply be classed as noteheads.
Razvan: Am I right?
(See also http://w3c.github.io/smufl/gitbook/specification/classes.html.)
For which other Western glyph categories do you have symbols?
Have you got any symbols that are not in these classes? If so, what are
they for?

Maybe we should open a new GitHub issue at
https://github.com/w3c/smufl/issues: "Proposal to encode Asian symbols"?

All the best,
James

[1] I pointed out below that
https://w3c.github.io/smufl/gitbook/index.html is self-contradictory.
The same is true of the README at https://github.com/w3c/smufl:
> SMuFL is a specification that provides a standard way of mapping the
> thousands of musical symbols required by /*conventional music notation*/
  and
> for the benefit of /*all users of music notation software*/
I'd just delete the word "conventional" in the first sentence. Medieval
and Renaissance glyphs are also not "conventional" (i.e. Common Western
Music Notation). Neither are the Electronic music pictograms in §4.96...

--
http://james-ingram-act-two.de
https://github.com/notator