Re: Proposal for new MusicXML 3.1 glyph element

Yes, flexibility necessarily causes complexity.  Personally, I do think
that the complexity is worthwhile to accommodate educational, academic, and
theoretical applications.  It seems to me that wherever the semantic
meaning is most clearly declared is where a glyph override should also be
declared (the type element where 'quarter' is declared in your example, I
would say).

Sienna