RE: Getting Off The Ground

Dear all,

Context: I’m an independent music engraver working for several musicological publishing houses at Argentina (v.g. Gourmet Musical Ediciones - http://www.gourmetmusicalediciones.com/ -, and also a Psychology of Music teacher at University of Buenos Aires - http://artes.filo.uba.ar/psicolog%C3%AD-auditiva -)

As my main interest is in the field of musicology, I mostly work on musical examples, and I often deal with graphical problems related to the question “how can I communicate my thoughts on this music, showing them on a score?”.

The question for contemporary music notation has already been raised here, and I’d like to add that there’s a need for musicological notation too (vg. Schenkerian analysis).

The problem of semantics is one I particularly care about, since most authors send me their own engraved versions of the examples, and I often find myself having to fully re-engrave them, adding non-expected costs to the publishers.

Hope this group can benefit from my field, as I’m sure I will from yours.

Regards,

Hernán.