Re: The MusicXML challenge and Chords - MusicXML is Excellent!

I would say that the Raindrop notation is "wrong." If a student brought that into a composition lesson at my university, I would strongly urger him or her to change the rhythmic notation.

Having said that, any useful tool for describing music notation (NB: not music, but music notation) must allow for notations that are "wrong" for both functional and creative use.

--

Dr. David MacDonald

davidjohnmacdonald@gmail.com

David.MacDonald@ucf.edu