W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org > March 2013

[Minutes and meeting time] MLW-LT call 2013-03-27

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 15:52:55 +0100
Message-ID: <515307C7.4060409@w3.org>
To: "public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org" <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Hi all,

today's minutes are at
http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes
and below as text.

About the meeting time: I proposed - starting next week - noon UTC
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20130403T1200

It won't work for everybody, but hopefully we won't need a lot of calls 
in the next months - if you want to attend for a specific topic and we 
should make a different call time once let us know.

Best,

Felix

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                                MLW-LT WG

27 Mar 2013

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Mar/0193.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-irc

Attendees

    Present
           fsasaki, Karl, dF, Jirka, pnietoca, chriLi,
           olaf-michael, daveLewis, Yves, philr, AnuarSerikov,
           leroy, Ankit, Clemens

    Regrets
    Chair
           felix

    Scribe
           Jirka

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Meeting time
          2. [6]Issues that need review
          3. [7]regex for allowed characters
          4. [8]comments related to "domain"
          5. [9]standoff direction
          6. [10]provenance in HTML needed globally?
          7. [11]need of its:version at standoff markup?
          8. [12]selector attributes
          9. [13]allowed characters and utf-8 default
         10. [14]disambiguation and term
         11. [15]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/l
             t/track/issues/112
         12. [16]AOB (meetings etc.) and LT-Web specifics
         13. [17]Locale Filter changes
             http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/dra
             fts/its20/its20.html#LocaleFilter
         14. [18]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=210
             84
         15. [19]edits for issue-113
         16. [20]HTML defaults
         17. [21]aob
      * [22]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

    <fsasaki>
    [23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2013Mar/0193.html

      [23] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Mar/0193.html

    David ask for adding ISSUE-113 into agenda

Meeting time

    <philr> +1 for 13:00 on Wednesdays

    Proposal is Wed, 2pm CET

    <fsasaki> ACTION: felix to write a mail about call time - 1
    p.m. Irishi time, 2 pm CET [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-464 - Write a mail about call time -
    1 p.m. Irishi time, 2 pm CET [on Felix Sasaki - due
    2013-04-03].

Issues that need review

    <kfritsche>
    [25]http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20
    130403T12

      [25] 
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20130403T12

    <fsasaki>
    [26]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/i
    ssues/pendingreview

      [26] 
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/pendingreview

    Dave volunteers to check issues 70-92

    <scribe> ACTION: daveL to check issues 70 to 92 [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03]

      [27] http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-465 - Check issues 70 to 92 [on David
    Lewis - due 2013-04-03].

    <scribe> ACTION: Jirka to check issues 100 to 121 [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action04]

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action04

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-466 - Check issues 100 to 121 [on
    Jirka Kosek - due 2013-04-03].

regex for allowed characters

    [29]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/i
    ssues/67

      [29] 
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/67

    <fsasaki>
    [30]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/a
    ctions/385

      [30] 
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/actions/385

    <fsasaki>
    [31]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/a
    ctions/385/edit

      [31] 
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/actions/385/edit

    <fsasaki>
    [32]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/a
    ctions/430/edit

      [32] 
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/actions/430/edit

    Pablo was assigned to this issue instead of Shaun

comments related to "domain"

    <fsasaki>
    [33]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt-comments/2013Jan/0022.html

      [33] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt-comments/2013Jan/0022.html

    <fsasaki> close issue-75

    <trackbot> Closed ISSUE-75 Comments related to "domain".

    Issue-75 can be closed

standoff direction

    <fsasaki>
    [34]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/i
    ssues/120

      [34] 
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/120

    <fsasaki> close issue-120

    <trackbot> Closed ISSUE-120 standoff direction.

provenance in HTML needed globally?

    <fsasaki>
    [35]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/i
    ssues/123

      [35] 
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/123

    <pnietoca>
    [36]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
    ts20/its20.html#provenance-implementation

      [36] 
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#provenance-implementation

    <fsasaki>
    [37]https://github.com/finnle/ITS-2.0-Testsuite/blob/master/its
    2.0/inputdata/provenance/html/provenance5html.html

      [37] 
https://github.com/finnle/ITS-2.0-Testsuite/blob/master/its2.0/inputdata/provenance/html/provenance5html.html

    Felix: should we fix spec or testsuite?

    <fsasaki>
    [38]http://htmlpreview.github.com/?https://raw.github.com/finnl
    e/ITS-2.0-Testsuite/master/its2.0/testSuiteDashboard.html#confo
    rmance-classes-overview

      [38] 
http://htmlpreview.github.com/?https://raw.github.com/finnle/ITS-2.0-Testsuite/master/its2.0/testSuiteDashboard.html#conformance-classes-overview

    <fsasaki> (three implementations for html global)

    DaveL: As we already have implementations we should align spec.

    <Yves_> +1 to change the spec

    <philr> +1 to change spec

    <fsasaki> ACTION: felix to make change for issue-123 [recorded
    in
    [39]http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action05]

      [39] http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action05

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-467 - Make change for issue-123 [on
    Felix Sasaki - due 2013-04-03].

    <pnietoca> +1 to change the spec

need of its:version at standoff markup?

    <fsasaki>
    [40]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/i
    ssues/122

      [40] 
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/122

    <fsasaki>
    [41]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
    ts20/its20.html#EX-provenance-html5-local-2

      [41] 
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#EX-provenance-html5-local-2

    <fsasaki> <its:provenanceRecords xml:id="pr2"
    xmlns:its="[42]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its" version="2.0">

      [42] http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its

    <fsasaki>
    [43]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
    ts20/its20.html#EX-provenance-html5-local-2

      [43] 
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#EX-provenance-html5-local-2

    <fsasaki>
    [44]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
    ts20/its20.html#EX-provenance-local-1

      [44] 
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#EX-provenance-local-1

    <fsasaki> jirka: allow version attribute on standoff elements
    in XML

    <Yves_> mmm but the parsers see the content of script as XML so
    the version should be there

    <fsasaki> .. be silent about what to do in HTML, because such
    attributes are ignored in HTML

    <fsasaki> jirka: this is for XML parser, but the HTML parser
    will see content of script as a string

    <Yves_> yes as Felix described

    <fsasaki> jirka: add the version attribute to standoff element
    in spec, and remove them from HTML examples

    <Yves_> fine with me

    <fsasaki>
    [45]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
    ts20/its20.html#EX-provenance-html5-local-2

      [45] 
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#EX-provenance-html5-local-2

    <fsasaki> example 66

    <fsasaki> jirka: and need align the test suite if there are
    version attributes in HTML

    <fsasaki> .. I'm happy to implement the change in spec, schema
    and test suite

    <fsasaki> .. if there is consensus about the change

    <fsasaki> pablo: if we do the change - test suite files would
    only change input files, not output?

    <scribe> ACTION: jirka to make changes related to issue-122 in
    spec, schema and test suite (add version to standoff, remove it
    from HTML examples) [recorded in
    [46]http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action06]

      [46] http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action06

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-468 - Make changes related to
    issue-122 in spec, schema and test suite (add version to
    standoff, remove it from HTML examples) [on Jirka Kosek - due
    2013-04-03].

    <fsasaki> felix: yes, since only content of "script" element is
    changed

selector attributes

    <fsasaki>
    [47]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/i
    ssues/99

      [47] 
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/99

    DaveL: OP was about selecting attributes with CSS, how we will
    do it?

    <fsasaki> ACTION: felix to make the edit for issue-99 [recorded
    in
    [48]http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action07]

      [48] http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action07

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-469 - Make the edit for issue-99 [on
    Felix Sasaki - due 2013-04-03].

    <fsasaki> ACTION: daveL to get back to norbert about issue-99
    [recorded in
    [49]http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action08]

      [49] http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action08

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-470 - Get back to norbert about
    issue-99 [on David Lewis - due 2013-04-03].

allowed characters and utf-8 default

    Felix: call with i18n folks tomorrow, details will come

disambiguation and term

    <fsasaki>
    [50]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/a
    ctions/461

      [50] 
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/actions/461

    Felix: Christian confirms that this will be done within two
    weeks

[51]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/
112

      [51] 
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/112

    Felix:Waiting for Arle's edits, he will do these by mid April

AOB (meetings etc.) and LT-Web specifics

    Felix: We need to schedule meetings after summer

    <Yves_> Can we discuss Locale Filter changes? (addition of
    'type')
    [52]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/i
    ts20/its20.html#LocaleFilter (I just need to know if I can
    update the test suite)

      [52] 
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#LocaleFilter

Locale Filter changes[53]
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20
.html#LocaleFilter

      [53] 
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#LocaleFilter

    <fsasaki> "The type can take the values "include" or
    "exclude"."

    <Yves_> no

    <Yves_> yes

    <fsasaki>
    [54]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/i
    ssues/121

      [54] 
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/121

    <scribe> ACTION: Yves to update test suite in accordance with
    issue-121 [recorded in
    [55]http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action10]

      [55] http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action10

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-471 - Update test suite in accordance
    with issue-121 [on Yves Savourel - due 2013-04-03].

[56]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21084

      [56] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21084

    <fsasaki>
    [57]http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=7744&to=7745

      [57] http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=7744&to=7745

    <fsasaki> "<code>meta</code> elements, if the <code
    title="attr-meta-name">name</code> attribute specifies a
    metadata name whose value is known to be translatable</li>"

    People are asked individually comment on bugzilla if they think
    that current HTML5 proposal is wrong.

edits for issue-113

    <fsasaki> see our responses from Prague f2f at
    [58]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt-comments/2013Jan/0162.html

      [58] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt-comments/2013Jan/0162.html

    <fsasaki>
    [59]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt-comments/2013Jan/0158.html

      [59] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt-comments/2013Jan/0158.html

HTML defaults

    <fsasaki>
    [60]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
    lt/2013Mar/0177.html

      [60] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Mar/0177.html

    <pnietoca> I will put some comments on bugzilla soon enough

aob

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: daveL to check issues 70 to 92 [recorded in
    [61]http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: daveL to get back to norbert about issue-99
    [recorded in
    [62]http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action08]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to make change for issue-123 [recorded in
    [63]http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to make the edit for issue-99 [recorded in
    [64]http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action07]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to write a mail about call time - 1 p.m.
    Irishi time, 2 pm CET [recorded in
    [65]http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Jirka to check issues 100 to 121 [recorded in
    [66]http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: jirka to make changes related to issue-122 in
    spec, schema and test suite (add version to standoff, remove it
    from HTML examples) [recorded in
    [67]http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action06]
    [NEW] ACTION: Yves to update test suite in accordance with
    issue-121 [recorded in
    [68]http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action10]

      [61] http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03
      [62] http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action08
      [63] http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action05
      [64] http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action07
      [65] http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01
      [66] http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action04
      [67] http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action06
      [68] http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action10

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [69]scribe.perl version
     1.137 ([70]CVS log)
     $Date: 2013-03-27 14:46:49 $
      __________________________________________________________

      [69] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [70] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.137  of Date: 2012/09/20 20:19:01
Check for newer version at [71]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

      [71] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: Jirka
Found Scribe: Jirka
Inferring ScribeNick: Jirka
Present: fsasaki Karl dF Jirka pnietoca chriLi olaf-michael daveLewis Yv
es philr AnuarSerikov leroy Ankit Clemens
Agenda: [72]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-l
t/2013Mar/0193.html
Got date from IRC log name: 27 Mar 2013
Guessing minutes URL: [73]http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.ht
ml
People with action items: dave davel felix jirka yves yves_

      [72] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Mar/0193.html
      [73] http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-mlw-lt-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.



    End of [74]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [74] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Wednesday, 27 March 2013 14:53:23 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:32:06 UTC