Re: Issue-55: XLIFF mapping - Terminology and termInfoPointer

Yves,

UL and TCD are working with
<mrk mtype="term"> (and comment for inforef)
as per the mapping agreed here:
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/XLIFF_Mapping
This also says that mrk should be used as well at the structural
level, which makes the solution uniform. [Also terminology at
structural level does not seem to be frequent enough to warrant a
different solution].

In the mappings you provide in the samples you use mrk mtype="its-x"
combined with its:term="yes" [combination of a user defined type with
an custom namespace attribute] which seems less interoperable with
general XLIFF editors and more complicated.

I see that you are using both okp:itsTermInfo and note to convey the
term definition. While it seems that duplicating the info in a core
element makes the information more likely to survive. I do not think
that we should recommend using the duplicity.
I guess that we should decide EITHER for note OR mrk comment [my
preference] from the core repertoire and not introduce a custom
attribute..
Eventually we could say that mrk comment is to be used as canonical
mapping, while the duplicity in note is optional.

Rgds
dF

Dr. David Filip
LRC | CNGL | LT-Web | CSIS