Re: [All] ITS 2.0 = The "Dublin Core" of the Multilingual Web?

I think it's appropriate.

Phil

On 18 Feb 2013, at 21:51, "Arle Lommel" <arle.lommel@dfki.de> wrote:

> My only concern with it is that ITS 2.0 is actually much more complex
than Dublin Core. But that is really a quibble. In terms of a way to
indicate to the public what ITS 2.0 is intended to do, I think it is a good
metaphor for those who know Dublin Core. If you really wanted to get an
expert opinion on the metaphor, you could ask Sue-Ellen Wright, but I think
for your purpose the formulation is good. I may borrow it in some form like
"just as Dublin Core has revolutionized the field of resource description
and discovery, ITS 2.0 has the potential to have far-reaching aspects on
preparing data and making it accessible for various usages across language
boundaries.”

http://www.w3.org/TR/mlw-metadata-us-impl

> > would above phrase be something for the introduction?
> > - with the reporting for our underlying EU project in mind - would
above phrase help to make the role of ITS 2.0 clear?

> > Thanks for any feedback in advance,
> >
> > Felix

the sender immediately by e-mail.

www.vistatec.com