Re: [Issue-67] [Action-385] Work on regex for validating regex subset proposal

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 18:28:03 +0200
To: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
CC: Pablo Nieto Caride <pablo.nieto@linguaserve.com>, public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
On 8.4.2013 18:15, Felix Sasaki wrote:

> Trying to move this forward:
> Would this ABNF make sense to you
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Apr/0027.html
>
> ("BMP+escapes" still needs to be defined)

I'm not sure whether this ABNF does what it should do. For example this
grammar allows ^ almost anywhere but I think that in most RE engines ^
should directly follow [ if it's meant as a negation.

Maybe starting with grammar in W3C XML Schema spec and forbidding some
rules would be easier.

> P.S.: different topic - I had the same issues as Pablo with the
> validation with the testsuite: I had to use my local copy of jing, the
> one in github didn't work.

It works for me. Anyway I synced versions of Jing, so you can give it
another try.