Re: [Issue-67] [Action-385] Work on regex for validating regex subset proposal

On 4.4.2013 17:12, Pablo Nieto Caride wrote:
> Please, implementers and whoever that is interested, give feedback if
> necessary so I can move forward and evolve the regex.

Hi,

since such complex regular expressions are mostly write-only (it's very
hard to understand what they are trying to match) I'm not sure what's
the point of having this complex regular expression for checking our
regular expression syntax subset. I haven't tried to get deep
understanding of this expression but I bet it will match even invalid
expressions. If we want to have rigorous definition of our RE syntax we
should provide its definition as grammar written in BNF.

     Jirka