Re: [Issue-41][Action-195] Produce next draft of mtConfidence

Hi Dave,

I'm also not clear on the override semantics, maybe Felix can confirm
whether in fact that by specifying a local value for mtConfidence also
requires to specify locally the value for both mtEngine and mtProducer.

Referring to point 2 below, the issue is that mtConfidence on it's own is
rather meaningless and difficult to interpret, as what it's value
represents is entirely dependant on being able to tie it to the engine that
produced it seeing as there's no "industry standard" of how mtConfidence is
calculated.

Intuitively it makes more sense to expect mtProducer and mtEngine to be
specified at a global level in the majority of cases and mtConfidence at a
local level (actually mtConfidence should always be specified at a local
level in reality, unless the entire content is translated in one huge chunk
which is highly unlikely, as even then an MT system generally operates on a
sentence or segment level).

(Attached is the current verion of the mtConfidence doc, taking into
account Yves and Felix suggested ammendments and fixing the </span> tag
error as pointed out by Dave)

Declan

--
Dr. Declan Groves