Re: ACTION-233: Update quality issue example to use the solution (XML in "script" tag) for standoff markup

On 8.10.2012 20:31, Felix Sasaki wrote:

> So should also this example
> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#EX-locQualityIssue-html5-local-2
> be reverted to
>
> No opinion on that, just asking.

I don't know. For this particular example the best would be to use XHTML
and use <its:locQualityIssues> as a normal element.

For HTML serialization you have to decide between two ugly hacks --
empty span elements and pseudo XML inside <script>. I also don't know
what's less wrong.

Personally I would prefer situation where ITS in HTML wouldn't be as
powerful as in XML. Only local data categories (its-* attributes) and
link to external rules (<link rel=its-rules>) will be supported. This
doesn't require to use various hacks in HTML and covers pretty large
subset of possible ITS use-cases.

    Jirka