Re: mlw-lt-track-ISSUE-7 (XPath Version): Sue of Xpath 2.0 [MLW-LT Standard Draft]

On 30.4.2012 17:16, MultilingualWeb-LT Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:

> What version of XPath will be used for ITS 2.0? ITS 1.0 says "The
> selector attribute contains an AbsoluteLocationPath as described
> in XPath 1.0 or its successor."

Hi, below is fulfilment of ACTION-89 that resolves this ISSUE-7 as
agreed during the last teleconference.

In ITS 2.0 default query language will be XPath 1.0 and all
implementations will be required to support XPath 1.0.

However implementations will be free to implement additional query
languages. If different query language is used then its identifier must
be specified in newly introduced queryLanguage attribute on its:rules.

I propose the following identifiers for ITS2.0:

xpath1 for XPath 1.0
xpath2 for XPath 2.0
css for CSS selectors

    Jirka