NLP Interchange Format was: Re: Let's drop RDFa in the requirements !

Dear all,
I was following the conversation about RDFa and would like to draw your
attention to the NLP Interchange Format (NIF), which we are still
developing within LOD2. Although I am not 100% up-to-date with all your
requirements, I would assume, that NIF tackles some of the issues you
are having, i.e. the no literals as subject problem or a general
uncertainty how to handle things.

Please find the latest document (one week old) about it here:
http://svn.aksw.org/papers/2012/WWW_NIF/public/string_ontology.pdf

We are currently gathering requirements for NIF version 2.0. We will
prepare a draft within the next two months and then a community
reviewing phase.
I will be at Dublin, so please feel free to ask me any questions.

NIF is already compatible to the lemon model and NERD.

So to compare it to Tadej example, I made one here:
It concerns the first occurrence of "Semantic Web" on
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html  highlighted here:
http://pcai042.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~swp12-9/vorprojekt/index.php?annotation_request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FDesignIssues%2FLinkedData.html%23hash_10_12_60f02d3b96c55e137e13494cf9a02d06_Semantic%2520Web

Here is the NIF example for it (sso:oen is probably the same as
itsx:mentions):
<http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html#offset_717_729>
       a str:StringInContext ;
       itsx:mentions <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Semantic_Web> .
       sso:oen <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Semantic_Web> .

Additionally "semantic" could have a lexical entry. Note that 1. the
offset is 4 shorter and that the DBpedia Wiktionary link is working
already of type lemon:LexicalEntry .

<http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html#offset_717_725>
     a str:StringInContext ;
     sso:hasLexicalEntry <http://wiktionary.dbpedia.org/resource/semantic> .