Re: targetPointer Requirement update

Hi Felix,
Yes, i think we probably need to flag more clearly in the requirements
document some of the assumptions that motivate some of the different
data categories. In the targetPointer case there is a clear desire to
support processing ITS and only ITS mark-up, but as you indicate, this
may not be the assumption in all cases, especially for data categories
being used further upstream in CMS or content editors, where tool's
knowledge of the host document schema will be more likely.

We should aim therefore to at least try and provide some clear classes
of scenarios to help make these assumptions a bit more explicit. As
Pedro pointed out in the last call the scenairo we describe at we miss
the whole class of real-time translations;
  http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Requirements#Support_an_End-to-End_Use_Case

The current text is more of an automation of the traditional
localization flow, and therefore does not highlight the differing
requirements and assumptions of the 'real-time' translation use scenario.

Davidf, Arle and i are looking currently at refining the process values
we have from Pedro with the ones Arle defined the google spreadsheet, so
i suggest for this upcoming release we use these process values aligned
to the following two scenario descriptions:
i) as per
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Requirements#Support_an_End-to-End_Use_Case
with Lt integration into a more 'traditional' localization workflow
extended to include authoring and publishing, requiring XLIFF roundtrip
in the middle
ii) a realtime translation workflow, where content is put on a cache (I
prefer perhaps a term like 'staging server' to avoid confusion with 'web
cache')  from where it is subject to more automated text enrichment and
MT without professional, LSP-based review, though perhaps with the
opportunity for content management stakeholders to provide feedback on
quality. This could be wrapped up with the processes to recover parallel
text for MT retraining.

While there should also be any number of combination elements form these
process flows, these two examples will cover most of the bases I think.

cheers,
Dave