Re: [ACTION-75]: Post mandate between XLIFF TC and MLW-LT to public list

From: Pål Eivind J Nes <pal.nes@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 19:47:24 +0200
To: "Dr. David Filip" <David.Filip@ul.ie>
Cc: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 7:39 PM, Dr. David Filip <David.Filip@ul.ie> wrote:
> Hi all, this is the exact wording of a ballot that was approved by XLIFF TC
> with vast majority in an online TC meeting two weeks ago..
> Arle Lommel was appointed as OASIS XLIFF TC liaison in W3C MLW-LT with the
> mandate as described below:
>
> Dear all,
> Hereby I propose to create a formal liaison with MultilingualWeb-LT and
> nominate Arle Lommel to serve as the first XLIFF TC liaison on
> MultilingualWeb-LT. The common interest of the groups has been described in
>
> I am looking for a second.

Hear hear! Major upvote! XLIFF is at least to me the most relevant
interchange format for translations. I have issues with the format as
it stands today, but I have no qualms about recommending it for
further development.

The main thing that has to be resolved is the procedure for a
roundtrip, which is still, AFAIK undefined.

--
Pål Eivind Jacobsen Nes