Re: [Action-32] Štajner to clarify the (non) need to aprse RDF, but the need to parse RDFa and microdata parsing

Hi, David,
  there was some overlap between the ISSUE-2 discussion and this action
item - I believe that the conclusion we arrived at satisifies both
points. To put explicitly:

The requirements are:
- some downstream consumers of the marked-up data need a chance at
simply integrating it with other RDF datasets. There should be a clear
transformation path from the "ITSx" mark-up to RDF.
- on the other hand, we don't want to require every producer and
consumer implementing our standard that they are able to reason in RDF;
- we want to keep the standard markup concise - we want to avoid
requiring people to explicitly produce markup that makes no immediate
sense (defining resources and URIs for every annotated content fragment
can be too verbose, and against the 'mark-up text' philosophy).
- not breaking browser's HTML rendering

Our strategy is:
- defining a transformation from "ITSx" to RDF assertions (for RDFa,
RDFa Lite, Microdata)
- defining a recipe (algorithm) for representing content fragments
within the document in order to have things representable in pure RDF
- specifying the value spaces of certain attributes to be RDF resources,
where it makes sense to do so, for instance, genre, topic, entity,
entityType (NERD, schema.org)
- an implementation MAY implement the transformations from HTML5+ITS to
HTML+RDFa/RDFa Lite/Microdata

-- Tadej