Re: [ACTION-94]: go and find examples of concept ontology (semantic features of terms as opposed to domain type ontologies)

2012/6/7 Tadej Stajner <tadej.stajner@ijs.si>

>  Hi Felix,
> as far as I'm aware, URIs only exist for the English wordnet. Maybe
> prefixing the a # was not the best stylistic choice here, but yes, what I
> meant to convey is that that value was a local identifier, valid within a
> particular semantic network.
>
> In the ideal scenario, these selectors would be dereferencible and
> verifiable via URIs for arbitrary wordnets and terminology lexicons and
> their entries.

OK - the main point would be that they are dereferencible and verifiable.
In practice, you will not achieve that for arbitrary wordnets, but you can
achieve that for a subset, if the related "players" agree. In the
"collation" example mentioned before, the identifier for the Unicode code
point based collation
http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions/collation/codepoint/ was the lowest
common dominator; in addition to that everybody is free to have other URIs
for arbitrary collations. I would hope that we could end up with such a
list (hopefully longer than one) for the semantic networks too.

Felix

--
Felix Sasaki
DFKI / W3C Fellow