Re: ACTION-139 options for test suite design

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 08:49:47 +0200
To: <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Hi Felix, Dave, all,

Just a few notes about testing:

I was starting to look at producing output similar to Felix's nodelist-with-its-information.xml and I was wondering if outputting something that is more easily comparable would not be simpler.

You need to use special tools to compare two XML documents (to ignore whitepace, etc.), while maybe a simple tab-delimited list of nodes and the expected info (outputType, output) can be very easily compared. Just a thought.

Another one: we should probably sort the list of the attribute nodes on output as different engine will give you different order.

Cheers,
-ys