Re: [All] domain data category section proposal, please review

Hi Dave,

the override semantic are always complete, that is: all information that is
specified in one "rule" element is overridden by the next one. See
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-its20-20120626/#selection-precedence
"In case of conflicts between global selections via multiple
rule<http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-its20-20120626/#selection-global>
elements,
the last selector has higher precedence."

So there are no "rule type" specific semantics of overriding: the metadata
of the previous rule is just not taken into account.

Do we think we should make this clearer at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-its20-20120626/#selection-precedence
?

2012/7/11 Dave Lewis <dave.lewis@cs.tcd.ie>

> Yves,
> This sound sensible, but you get me thinking, what are the override
> semantics between a domain rule that just specifies a source meta-data
> selector and one that subsequently specifies a mapping, should we specify
> that the consumer tool takes the RHS value of the mapping rather than the
> LHS?
>
> Also, this got me thinking. The selector in the example would select all
> meta data, regardless of whether its useful for translation domains or not.
> Can we specify that more specific meta-data selectors should NOT be used as
> a domain indicator?

We can say "select only the first 'meta' element", or select only the ones
which have not  a specific "scheme" attribute, e.g.

<its:domainRule selector="/html/body"
domainPointer="/html/head/meta[@name='DC.subject' and
not(starts-with(@scheme,'DC'))]/@content"/>

--