Re: [All] domain data category section proposal, please review

2012/7/10 Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>

> Hi Dave,
>
> Thanks for the explanation.
> It sounds fine to me.
>
> I'll make sure my implementation allows for multiple domain values on the
> same node.
>
> I wonder--even if it's not a recommended behavior--if this possible
> multiplicity should not be noted somewhere in the specification: supporting
> it does change how to present the results in the implementations.

I used the material from Dave (thanks a lot for that!) to create an
explanatory note, see

http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#domain-implementation
and below:

[

It is possible to have more than one domain associated with a piece of
content. For example, if the consumer tool is a statistical machine
translation engine, it could include corpora from all domains available in
the source content in training the machine translation engine.

The consumer machine translation engine might choose to ignore the domain
and take a one size fits all approach, or may be selective in which domains
to use, based on the range of content marked with domain. For example, if
the content has hundreds of sentences marked with domain 'automotive' and
'medical', but only a couple of sentences marked with additional domains
'criminal law' and 'property law', the consumer tool may opt to include its
domains 'auto' and 'medicine', but not 'law', since the extra training
resources does not justify the improvement in the output.
]

--
Felix Sasaki
DFKI / W3C Fellow